|Scenery from the "Inner Ring of Saturn": Mt. Bierstadt as viewed from Guanella Pass|
|At warp speed, the lead pack blazes up Golden Gate Canyon before the break of dawn!|
2016 Cycle to Saturn Double Century Summary:
- 22 pre-registered riders
- 21 ride starters, 1 pre-ride. Of the 22 riders who started, 18 were men, 3 were women.
- 19 riders successfully completed the course within the 20 hour time limit (86% finishing rate, 10.05 mph avg speed), 2 DNFs
- Ryan Franz, Walter Zitz, and Mark Lowe rode hard but rode socially, completing the Cycle to Saturn course in 14 hours, 5 min. (14.2 mph).
- Corinne Warren, who successfully completed the course during a pre-ride to provide event support for this year's riders, was our only woman to successfully complete the course this year.
|Nestled just below 12,000 feet in elevation, Loveland Pass is one Colorado's most spectacular cycling pass!|
|Dawn breaks over Central City as viewed from Virginia Canyon (Oh My God Rd).|
Special thanks to this year's volunteers! We cannot continue these events in their current timed format without your sacrifices. Thank you!
- Craig Howell: support vehicle driver
- Corinne Warren: support vehicle driver and maker of fantastic cookies and muffins!
- Heidi Hartman: roving support with support vehicles and maker of fantastic cinnamon rolls!
- Ray Rupel: provided stationary support for riders in Georgetown.
|Mission accomplished! Ryan Franz, Walter Zitz, and Mark Lowe are relieved to survived their adventure to Saturn!|
|Steve Rudolph rode the last 120 miles on his own, but is relieved to have finished |
another Colorado Triple Crown event! Great ride, Steve!
|Chris Baker and Chris Miner at Parfet Park after Cycle to Saturn. Great ride, guys!|
|Tom Miller picked a doozy to kick-off his 2016 Colorado Triple Crown campaign. Kudos to you!|
|Jason Kaminski, Keith Jensen, and Stephen Strayer successfully complete their mission to Cycle to Saturn! (Stephen inadvertently stopped off at Venus before coming back to earth!) Great ride, guys!|
|Jon Sendor had perhaps his best Triple Crown ride to date! Great ride, Jon!|
|Caleb Carl is relieved to have survived his journey around the Inner Ring of Saturn! Great ride!|
|Andy Lapkass is on a mission to become the only rider to have ever completed the Colorado Triple Crown on a single speed! Incredible ride, Andy!|
|Josh Peter, Andy Stockman, and David Fullagar survive their most challenging Triple Crown adventure to date! |
Great ride, guys!
|Graham Barnes completes Cycle to Saturn on his trusty new steed! Nice ride, Graham and nice bike! |
Although I do like your orange bike too!
|David Nelson and Corinne Warren at Parfet Park in Golden. Great ride, David! |
Next mission: Cycle to Mars, errr...High Country!
|Harvey Kramer successfully completes his first Colorado Triple Crown event (and a doozy!) in preparation for the Cents Cols Challenge in France next month. Great ride, Harvey!|
|The overlook of Interstate 70 to the north of Loveland Pass is as spectacular as the views to the south!|
|Craig Howell and pup take a play break while providing event support for Cycle to Saturn! Thanks again, Craig!|
|In a state of delirium, Chris Miner realizes all too late that what he is drinking is not Coke!|
|Ryan Franz beats up on Walter Zitz as the two riders approach the summit of Guanella Pass!|
|Sure and steady, Chris Baker charges toward the summit of Guanella Pass|
|Oksana Kovalenko got stuck in pedestrian traffic from the Slacker Half Marathon, but still had a great ride (and nearly 10,000 feet total climbing) to the summit of Guanella Pass.|
|David Nelson gives the "thumbs up" sign from Breckenridge! All systems are go for the long return to Golden.|
|Josh Peter and Andy Stockman speed toward the Inner Ring of Saturn!|
|Jon Sendor looks cool, calm, and collected during his journey to Saturn.|
|Tom Miller is on a mission to activate his Strava Kudos machine!|
|In spite of coming up a bit short in her mission, Diane Benoit still had a stellar day of riding!|