Wow! It's already April! Lots of good things coming up!
1) Registration for this year's Colorado Triple Crown is now open (Colorado Triple Crown Registration) and registrations are slowly starting trickle in. We'll try to keep the rosters as updated as possible. Rosters are located on the right side bar of this blog.
2) Our two Challenge Series events are coming up next month in May! These events will surely help riders get ready for this year's Colorado Triple Crown.
- The Golden Anti-Gravity Epic Century
- Date: Saturday, May 2, 2015
- Time: Check-in time starts at 6:00 am. Ride starts promptly at 7:00 am. Please be ready to ride by 6:45 am for last minute pre-ride instructions.
- Location: Golden, CO, Coors Tek parking lot, 10th and Jackson St.
- Brief description: A behemoth day of climbing, guaranteed to test your physical and mental fortitude! Three different routes will be available this year. All three courses have a similar start and feature of mixture of paved and gravel/packed dirt roads. Recommended tire size: the largest tires that your road bike can accommodate. 28 mm to 35 mm would be ideal, although experienced gravel road riders may be able to complete the entire route on 23 mm tires.
- Time limit: Riders will have 12 hours to complete their course of choice.
- Results: Results are based on whether or not a rider successfully completes the course he chooses to ride, NOT finishing times. Only riders who successfully finish will be listed.
- Support: This ride is mostly self-supported. There are many places to self-support along this course (Bergen Park, Idaho Springs, Black Hawk, Dory Hill Campground.
- There will be a RMCC water support vehicle at the Golden Gate Visitor Center from roughly 1 pm to 4 pm.
- Consider riding with a small hydration pack for extra water. (You will probably not even need to fill the pack with water until Idaho Springs.)
- Courses. Please study the routes in advance! Maps and cue sheets will be available at check-in:
- Foothills Climbfest
- Date: Saturday, May 23, 2015
- Time: Check-in: 7:00 - 7:50. Ride starts promptly at 8:00 am. This ride will be run in conjunction with the regular RMCC ride.
- Location: Littleton, CO, Ken Caryl RTD park-n-ride, 1/4 mile east of C-470
- Brief description: This timed event features over 8,000 feet of climbing in 80 miles is a final tune-up for the Colorado Triple Crown.
- Time limit: 7 hours
- Results: Results will be posted in order of finishing time.