1) The RMCC presents the Cripple Creek Crippler, a new Colorado Triple Crown series event! For those riders who want another chance to become a Colorado Triple Crown Finisher, here’s your opportunity! But you’re gonna have to work for it! Climbing 17,000 feet in 207 miles, the Cripple Creek Crippler is not for the faint of heart!
2) Successful completion of any three of the four Colorado Triple Crown events will earn the rider the distinctive honor of Colorado Triple Crown Finisher. As such, the RMCC will not be offering make-up rides for the Triple Crown events in 2012.
3) To recognize our Colorado Triple Crown finishers for their accomplishments, the RMCC—with the help of Jeff Wu and Clair Lochridge at Team Alchemist in Boulder, CO—has created a new RMCC Colorado Triple Crown cycling uniform, including jersey and bibs. Thanks to Jeff and Clair for their hard work on our Triple Crown kit! Additionally, we would like to thank Hammer Nutrition, whose donation helped make this possible. Please note: in order to be eligible for this kit, you must complete any three (of the four) Colorado Triple Crown events in a single cycling season.
4) In November 2011, the RMCC Board of Directors unanimously voted in change the name of the Grand Loop to the Tim Kalisch Memorial Grand Loop in remembrance of long-time RMCC member, Tim Kalisch, who passed away in August 2011.
5) The original three events of the Colorado Triple Crown Series (Joe Lookingbill Denver-to-Aspen Classic, Colorado Death Ride, and the Tim Kalisch Memorial Grand Loop will be run as a “staged” event. The fastest cumulative time of these three events is the Colorado Triple Crown champion!