Wow! 2015 is rapidly approaching! We have some new tricks up our sleeves for 2015. Here's the Colorado Triple Crown line-up for 2015:
- Saturday, June 13, 2015: Colorado High Country Double Century (Boulder, CO to Steamboat Springs, CO)*
- Saturday, June 27, 2015: Colorado Death Ride
- Saturday, July 11, 2015: Colorado Classic Double Century (i.e., the Colorado Dirty Double Century)*
- Saturday, July 25, 2015: Tim Kalisch Memorial Grand Loop
- Saturday, August 28, 2015: Joe Lookingbill Denver-to-Aspen Classic (brevet format/self-supported)
- TBD, September 2014: Mountains to Desert/Telluride 200**
- *New event! Pay attention to the Colorado Triple Crown Blog and RMCC website over the next few weeks for more information regarding these spectacular new events!
- **The Telluride 200 is a wonderful event organized by the Just For Kids Foundation in Telluride, CO. This year, we will be giving Colorado Triple Crown credit for riders who successfully complete this double century within their challenging time limit! For more information about this spectacular ride: Mountains to Desert/Telluride 200.
There will be six opportunities for riders to complete the series in 2015. But as you can see, it's going to be a "fast and furious" season: 4 events in a mere 6 weeks from June 2015 through July 2015 plus one unsupported event in August and another non-RMCC event in September.
2015 is a Paris-Brest-Paris (PBP) year. PBP, the world's oldest 1200 km brevet, only takes place every 4 years. In 2015, PBP will take place during the middle of August. We want to make sure that all riders who would like to complete the 2015 Colorado Triple Crown are adequately recovered for PBP.
And what about the Cripple Creek Crippler and Cycle to Saturn Double Century??? Don't worry, these events will be back in 2016. We continue to add to our repertoire of events to keep the series "fresh" and challenging for everyone!
More to come soon!!