We regretfully must cancel this year's Cycle to Saturn Double Century on June 15, 2019. This year's heavy snowfall and avalanches have buried the bike trail along I-70 by the Loveland Ski Resort and it will not be open in time for our event. Unfortunately, this bike trail is an integral part of our course and we cannot legally re-route the course onto Interstate 70, which parallels the bike trail.
In it's place, we will substitute the Cripple Creek Crippler on June 15, 2019, another Front Range course that is just as challenging as Cycle to Saturn.
For riders who are planning on riding the Cripple Creek Crippler course this summer in an unsupported brevet format, they will now be allowed to ride any of the remaining Colorado Triple Crown courses without support for Triple Crown credit. Riders will need to complete the course of their choosing within the respective time limit for that event. These courses include:
- Colorado Classic Double Century (if Cottonwood Pass re-opens this summer as planned)
- Colorado Death Ride
- Colorado Mesa Double Century
- Cycle to Saturn (once the I-70 bike trail re-opens)
- Denver to Aspen (once the I-70 bike trail re-opens)
- Joe Lookingbill Denver to Aspen course
- Kebler Kamikaze Double Century