|Independence Pass...the highest elevation achieved |
during the Joe Lookingbill Denver-to-Aspen Classic
Geez! It's already June! Here are some long overdue updates regarding this year's Colorado Triple Crown:
- Grand Loop Cancelled. We've unfortunately had to cancel this year's Tim Kalisch Memorial Grand Loop due to the closure of US-36 to cyclists from Lyons to Estes Park for the remainder of 2014. Closure of US-36 was considered necessary by CDOT to accommodate ongoing repairs to the highway, which was severely damaged in last September's EPIC floods. We're hopeful the Grand Loop will be back on the calendar for 2015.
- Cycle to Saturn moved to August 9, 2014. To fill the void created by the cancellation of the Grand Loop, we've moved Cycle to Saturn Double (and Epic) Century up to August 9, 2014. These changes are reflected on the RMCC main page and Colorado Triple Crown Blog.
- Joe Lookingbill Denver-to-Aspen Classic is less than 2 weeks away! We already have 31 pre-registered cyclists for this event! Please remember that this event caps at 50 pre-registered riders! Pre-registration closes Thursday, June 12, 2014. We'll be sending out an e-mail this upcoming weekend to all pre-registered riders with detailed pre-ride instructions, so be on the lookout for these! Also, if you think you've pre-registered for this event and you don't see your name on the roster (Triple Crown Blog), then you're not pre-registered. Please contact me immediately to help you sort this out!
- The Colorado Death Ride is just around the corner (July 5, 2014)! Please make your hotel arrangements now as July 4th weekend will most likely be extremely busy in the Durango area and hotels will fill up quickly! (Best Western, Durango, CO, US 160)
- Volunteers. We're always looking for additional support to help make these rides run smoothly. If you volunteer a family member to help provide support for one of the Triple Crown events, we'll refund your $40 entry fee for that event. If you personally give up an entire day to provide support for one of the Triple Crown events, we'll reimburse you for your entry fees for the entire Triple Crown series for 2014...hopefully a little incentive to volunteer. Please keep in mind that we also reimburse for mileage.
- Colorado Triple Crown Stage Race. With the cancellation of the Grand Loop, this year's stage race will include Denver-to-Aspen, the Colorado Death Ride, and Cripple Creek Crippler. The fastest cumulative time of these three events wins the series for 2014.
Please let me know if you have additional questions!
|Are you prepared for the challenges of South Park...a little touch of Kansas |
in the mountains of Colorado!