With the Joe Lookingbill Denver-to-Aspen Classic a little over one week away, several riders are starting to ask, "How am I going to get home after the BIG ride?!?"
Unfortunately, the RMCC does not have the resources to provide transportation back to Denver. Here are a few options:
- Encourage your family or friends to meet you in Aspen! You can spend the weekend exploring the Aspen area with them. They can help transport you and your bike back home afterward.
- Consider spending the night in Aspen or Glenwood Springs and then ride back the next day. I know this sounds a bit insane, but consider this excellent training for the Colorado Death Ride, which is only 4 weeks away!
- A group of riders who does not have transportation back to Denver could arrange to rent a large SUV or van to transport their bikes and gear back to Denver.
Please do not wait until the last minute to sort this out. And please do not assume that there will be another rider at the finish line who can transport you back to Denver!
I have started a list below of riders who are unable to find transportation from Aspen back to Denver. If you would like your name added to the list, please e-mail me ASAP! Also, if you can help these riders out, please contact them!
- Mike Turek. Returning to Denver on Sunday, 6/15/14. Has room for another rider and bike. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: 303-682-8826
- Chris Baker. Interested in getting a ride back to Littleton on Saturday after the ride. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 720-375-5494
- David Nelson, Interested in getting a ride back to Littleton on Saturday or sunday. E-mail: DLNDEN@comcast.net. Phone: 720-529-3379
- Walter Zitz, Had a last minute cancellation of his ride back to Denver and is looking for transportation back to Littleton Saturday after the ride. Also willing to caravan to Aspen on Friday to leave a car to provide transportation back to Littleton for himself and another rider after Saturday's ride. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: 845-625-7277